Birthplace: Boulder, Colorado
Current Residence: Snohomish, Washington
Occupation: Personal trainer/Community events Coordinator at the Monroe/Sky Valley Family YMCA
Current school/Alma matter: Whitman College grad in 2002, currently at Everett Community College/University of Washington pursuing a Masters in Education.
Family: Just me and my wife, Wendy.
Personal Website: tomwier.wordpress.com
How I started paddling wildwater:
I started paddling on the Dawson High School Canoe Team in 1994, and Scott Overdorf, an assistant coach, convinced me to get into a wildwater C-1.
The class(es) you race: C-1 and occasionally C-2
National Results (team trials and nationals): C-1 National Champion in 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008. Team Trials C-1 Champion 2002-2007.
|International Results:||2008 World Championships: Sprint 16th, Classic 19th.|
| ||2008 World Cup:||Karlovy Vary Sprint 18th, Classic 17th|
| ||Overall: 13th|
Years on US Wildwater National Team: 11
I do a bit of running and road biking.
We just started a high school kayaking program at a local alternative school, the Sky Valley Education Center.
- Marital Status: Married to Wendy Wier for 4.5 years.
- Kids: I can sometimes act like one.
- Height: 5’ 8”
- Weight: 165
- Music: U2
- Food Favorites: Chicken Mole in homemade corn tortillas.
- What you do to get ready for a race: Sleep, shower, shave, and do a long warm up.
- What you do after a race: Eat
- Boat (Make/model): Zastera composites C-1 Bala.
- Paddle: Classic paddle: Zastera Prest at 56”; Sprint paddle: Zastera Benny at 56.25”
- Helmet: Shred Ready Shensu
- Spraydeck: Red Hypalon Snap Dragon
- Life Jacket: Sandiline
- Paddling Clothes: IR Long Sleeve Session
- Shoe: KEEN Briggs
- Car: 1980 Volvo 240 DL Wagon with a door handle that just came off in my hand.
- Favorite energy bar/food: Clifbar Peanut Toffee Buzz.
- Other outdoor gear: Patagonia Classic Retro X fleece.