WWC Members Attending: John Pinyerd (JP), Ben Sandiford (BS), Chris Hipgrave (CH),
Geoff Cahoun (GC), Tom Wier (TW), Chris Wiegand (CW)
Others Attending Included: Doug Ritchey (DR), Lincoln Williams, Larry Smith, Tom Tierney
and Bailey O’Sullivan, Boo Turner, Dennis Adams
Roll Call/Open attendance with introductions: JP
- Copy of Minutes 03-05-2005 distributed (on the WEB Site)/discussed, JP; approved/2nd BS.
- Recognition WWC for Supporters (Chuck, Tom, Ed), JP; Ideas as plaques/other, BS to follow
up/research expense. BS/JP will handle.
- Treasurer’s Report: CH- Current balance equal $10,941 but several distributions were in the
process of being made. Budget is posted on USAWWW.com WEB
- Levels of Fundraising/distribution r/t future (Sr. Team housing, etc), was proposed by GC.
Topic referred to New Business”, JP/BS. No discussion under New/Other Business.
- Wildwater Junior Team Update:
- WW Eastern Selections are the only Team members racing this year
- Schedule of travel: depart July with an August 2nd return.
- Coach/Manager designees (Shaun Smith (SS), Maurizio Tognocci, Dave Mason, O’Sullivan/shuttle driver)
- Uniforms/gear: CW was not able to sequester uniforms as planned. The WWC will utilize Sr. Team
Uniforms. CH will coordinate with SS.
- Request for Boat Decals (Nation designator, CH to distribute from USACK Office).
- Wildwater Junior Team Budget- review by JP – $2500 will come from Level IV and $1200 will come
from Level I. A private donor will also contribute $500 bringing the total to $4200. We continue to
look for other to Junior WW Team Funding;
- CW praised the budgeting and requested additional monetary assistance for support personnel and
transportation in the future.
- BS clarified the Junior World Championship venue site change. The Region of “Vale de Sol” is
similar to the name “Appalachia” and is not a town on a map, JP. The 2005 race site is near Male
in North Central ITA, BS/JP.
- Wildwater Team Trials and US Nationals
- Wildwater Team Trials and US Nationals must be ‘USACK Sanctioned’ events, JP/CH.
- Call for 06 Team Trials and Nationals Bids: JP will use the WEB Site, etc., to request Bids.
Submission and presentation and vote will be at next WWC Board Mtg. CH has received a request for Sr.
Trials in AL
- CW, to submit Bid for Sr./Jr. Trials combined in Glenwood Springs, CO; TW, DR, BS to submit Bid
for WA State; BS stated other possible location for Trials is in Bala, Wales with other countries
(CZE, GER, FRA, ITA, GBR, CRO), BS.
- DR (Doug Ritchie): open discussion on Team Trials combined with the Nationals (World Team
selection 1 year prior to International competition, later in the year for greater participation;
altitude considerations)… Move on the floor: request for Doug Ritchie to submit Proposal for future
- ICF International Calendar designation for 2006 Call for Bids: JP; this year’s USA International
races were WW Trials on the Nantahala River, NC and the WW Nationals on the Arkansas River, CO.,
JP/CH and Gauley River. BS requested designation for future ICF Calendar. Discussion r/t number
of races allowed from US/North America, JP. Solution was to designate 2 races for ICF calendar
and expect that only 1 will be designated.
- USACK Wildwater Committee nominees for 2006-2008: open discussion with submission for
consideration from the floor-Mike Beck, David Mason, Larry Smith, Ed Gordon, Tom O’Sullivan,
Doug Ritchie, Chris Wiegand, Team Reps (East-Nic Borst, West-“open”), Treasurer (mention,
Doug Ritchie), Bob Bofinger, Mike Harris, Rob Murphy (submission/open from the floor).
Other New Business:
- Fundraising (Sponsor return for investment, follow up report to be entered/submitted to the board),
open discussion by participants present.
- New USACK Policy r/t “background checks”, CH.
- Senior Team, 2006 “Byes”: Team placement without attendance at a selection, GC. Discussion
with reference to existing By-Laws on subject, JP.
- ICF Rules change allowing 6 boats/class/team with 4 boats per competition, (4 each in
Sprint/Classic each) BS. Need to change existing USACK WW Rules to comply with new ICF Rules, JP.
2006 Team Trials must reflect the change, JP.
- Discussion of Team Mangers position: The WWC will request Competition Team Manager(s) for
next year. The Beck’s (with help from stateside could work very well).
- Junior Development: Proposal for joint Sponsorship of Sr. & Jr. Teams, CW.
- ICF requested for a USA Bid for Junior World Championship, 2007; deadline for submitting a Bid
is August 1st, 2005, BS. WWC had “no discussion”. BS will handle with DM.
- Next WWC Meeting site/date: USACK Office in Charlotte, NC/no date, BS; Tele-Conference, JP/LS;
October, JP. New Business for next WWC Meeting:
- BS to volunteer for gathering of information, domestically, from persons interested in Master’s
Team participation at Bala, Wales, 2006 (information to be given to 2006 Team Manager/s);
- eparate Team Uniform purchase for Master’s Team, individual members to purchase own
uniform/not from USACK WWC Team Budget.
- A request for names of persons interested in the ICF IJWW Exam in Bala, May, 2006.
- A request for names of persons interested in participating in an International Training Camp,
this Jan/Feb in Tazmania, Australia.